OLY E-M1 New Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil,
You made a comment about hoping to house the new Oly 12-40 pro in a zen 170mm or 100mm dome port. I already have the 100 and was wondering if that would work. Thoughts?

And have you heard of a zoom gear for this lens yet? Shouldn't be a big deal to build the zoom gear Ii wouldn't imagine. I have the 12-40 pre-ordered from local shop but not here yet. Early reports/reviews suggest very high IQ capabilities.

Been shooting my new EM-1 for 2 weeks now and love it. It feels substantially "more" in many respects than the EM-5. New EM-1 housings will undoubtedly be more expensive than the EM 5 as the number of mechanisms required to operate all of the buttons is quite a bit higher.

Hugh

Also, my 2 cents on the Amazon vs UW retailers comments earlier in this thread. I recently bought another Olympus 60 mm macro lens from Jack at Optical Oceans for 399.00 when Amazon was (and still is) selling it for 499.00. So in my opinion RPV, Backscatter, Optical Oceans etc should be supported because they not only support the needs of the underwater photography community, offer knowledgeable advice, but can frequently offer competitive pricing as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can check my Facebook page for images of the new Nauticam prototype housing for the E-M1 taken by me at DEMA. I am working in the Reef Photo/Nauticam during the show so I should have an idea of the final changes to be made we are all giving our 2cents. All of the new housing models will come equipped with the electronics for the new vacuum sealing system. The valve and pump is sold and installed separately.

What port would you use this with? I have 3 ports zen port for the 9-18, standard flat port and the macro port for the 60mm

Enjoy
Currently the only port is PPO-E02 with a PAD-EP08 adapter. I have neither..

I will most likely use it at the next auto event I attend.

Currently the only port is PPO-E02 with a PAD-EP08 adapter. I have neither..

I will most likely use it at the next auto event I attend.

Thnx.

The Nauticam OMD E-M1 prototype housing was on display at DEMA. Note the new shutter release, built in grips that move in and out for drysuits gloves and large hands. More spread out controls. The accessory viewfinder window is also ready. The housing also sports the new vacuum system. The builtin electronics will ship with this and other DSLR and Mini housings going forward. The system has several valves to chose from for sync cord and non sync cord (I.E. fiber optic cord), these are options. The one shown in the photo is the valve used with the fiber optic arrangement and the GREEN light is the ready to dive light. I think in a year or three these vacuum systems will be as common as optical ports on housings. expect to see a higher cost on this housing somewhere between the E-M5 and DSLR housings. The E-M1 housing on the left is shown with the E-M5 housing, no tray. The size difference is nominal and still no where near the size of a DSLR housing. Expect a press release with pricing soon and shipping before the end of the year.

Nauticam has also introduced a new closeup lens which is 2.3:1 on full frame. The cool part about this lens is unlike current closeup lenses that reduce working distance between lens and subject, this lens is designed to retain the working distance while still increasing magnification.

SAGA Dive, (sagadive.com) has also introduced also introduced +5, +10 and +15 closeup lenses which are some of the smallest I have seen.

Phil Rudin

PB070011.jpgPB070012.jpgPB070018.jpgPB070024.jpgPB070032.jpgPB070003.jpgPB090002.jpg

Will the bulge for the hand grip interfere with some ports? Particularly the 4.33" port for the 8mm fisheye?

The Nauticam OMD E-M1 prototype housing was on display at DEMA. Note the new shutter release, built in grips that move in and out for drysuits gloves and large hands. More spread out controls. The accessory viewfinder window is also ready. The housing also sports the new vacuum system. The builtin electronics will ship with this and other DSLR and Mini housings going forward. The system has several valves to chose from for sync cord and non sync cord (I.E. fiber optic cord), these are options. The one shown in the photo is the valve used with the fiber optic arrangement and the GREEN light is the ready to dive light. I think in a year or three these vacuum systems will be as common as optical ports on housings. expect to see a higher cost on this housing somewhere between the E-M5 and DSLR housings. The E-M1 housing on the left is shown with the E-M5 housing, no tray. The size difference is nominal and still no where near the size of a DSLR housing. Expect a press release with pricing soon and shipping before the end of the year.

Nauticam has also introduced a new closeup lens which is 2.3:1 on full frame. The cool part about this lens is unlike current closeup lenses that reduce working distance between lens and subject, this lens is designed to retain the working distance while still increasing magnification.

SAGA Dive, (sagadive.com) has also introduced also introduced +5, +10 and +15 closeup lenses which are some of the smallest I have seen.

Phil Rudin

View attachment 170686View attachment 170687View attachment 170688View attachment 170689View attachment 170690View attachment 170691View attachment 170692

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom