Oly M Zuiko ED 14-150mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midget

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there

Baskscatter lists this lens in its “best” underwater lineup.
I can’t find if it’s compatible in any Oly housings, though.
Is it only usable in a Nauticam housing/port?

Cheers,
Carol

Hi Carol, That page is a little ridiculous, it lists the 40-150mm f2.8 lens which is a large pro lens, I can't imagine what you would use that for underwater or why they would even list it. The 14-150 you mention extends from 83 to 156 mm when zooming from 14 - 150mm focal length and would likely hit the port when extended fully or vignette if enough extension was provided to allow you to use 150mm, min focus is 0.5m which is a lit far away to be useful underwater. Nauticam does not list it in their port charts for good reason. There's quite a few other lenses in there with no use underwater including the 12-200, 12-200 among others.

Look at the Oly 12-40mm Pro lens very sharp, min focus of 0.2m and a useful focal length range underwater. Refer to the Nauticam m43 port chart here for likely candidates to choose for underwater work: N85 MFT | rev 5.19.pdf

You confirmed what I was thinking. Why it is listed as an “underwater lens” is whack!

Back
Top Bottom