Olympus 350 - images & impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

I just have to jump in here and give a shout out to my sp350. Great camera... relitively inexpensive... shoots raw... as manual as you want to be. The preset modes are useful. I have shot with the Inon WA, as well as stacked close up lenses. I have also used a Wratten 22 filter and converted to bw.

Here is a sea anemonie with a little work in Lightroom
P5113570.jpg

P1133390.jpg
and a self portrait with the filter and converted.

Glad to see the oly stuff back.

Anybody want to chime in here with their settings? I think if someone is just getting in to one of these, or its been a while...it could be useful.

Anybody want to chime in here with their settings? I think if someone is just getting in to one of these, or its been a while...it could be useful.

Hi

Check out my post (attached file) in the 1st or 2nd page of the thread. Has all the settings of the SP350 which was previously posted by a fellow user

Hello fellow SP350 users,

I have a 350 with the divervision TTL adaptor and Sea & Sea 110 strobe. The package is great and I get real nice results for the amature that I am. I was thinking about adding a second strobe to the package but can't seem to find a cable that would allow me the option to have it tied into the TTL package. Divervision does not make one, anyone out there running 2 strobes on this camera with TTL? Look forward to hearing your ideas.

I run 2 strobes in ttl, both YS110's, but I use the Heinrichs/Weikamp converter, not the Divervision. It's more money, you have to replace the bulkhead, then you need another $169 for a dual Nikonos cable. Otherwise, it works great. I also flooded one due to a scratch caused by salt build-up and had to replace it for another $300.
I previously tried slaving a 2nd strobe off my ttl first strobe with mixed results. I eventually got it right, but had two problems. First, the Sunpak strobe I was using was a PoS, and failed or flooded numerous times. Second, the distance between the ttl and slave strobes made it quite a stretch for a fiber-optic cord. They kept either popping off or hanging in front of my port. Nonetheless, that would be your cheapest, easiest option: Get a budget commercial length of fiber-optic cord (same as they use for stereo optical connections) Connect it to the diffuser on your ttl strobe and the fo receptacle in your slave and the slave should mimic the ttl strobe.

Larry,

Very interesting....Can you show me some pics of your TTL rig and bulkhead mods. Where would I find this adaptor and cable? I am interested in doing this and you seem to have the exact setup I would like to build.

Here is a link to pictures of my rig.

Larry_C/Cheapo DIY Locline UW rig - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you plan on doing the H/W converter and twin strobes, Reef Photo can install the converter (they include installation and testing in the price) and you'll need a dual type N Sea & Sea Sync cord. You can get these from Reef, Backscatter other UW photo outlets or online.

Larry,

Thanks for the details....I tracked down the Heinrichs/Weikamp website and got an e-mail back from Christian Weikamp. He is getting me all of the info I need to order the parts. You have been great help, thanks.

BTW...what is the name and model of your focus light and mount...that looks like it works perfect on the PT-030 housing.

Grant

I'll play in this post.

I love my SP350 for land and U/W use.

Yeah it's not perfect, but with a hotshoe and size it's a great alternative to a full DSLR and housing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

See my sig line for all the goodies.

Here is Costa Rica, some macro and wide angle work. I'll pull out some Fiji or Roatan photos from my laptop. That INON wide angle lens is the only way to capture a 8' tall barrel sponge! Now only to add a second DS-125 Ikelite strobe one of these days. :eyebrow:

Attachments

• PC163948a.JPG
    PC163948a.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 49
  • PC184029ab.JPG
    PC184029ab.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 60
  • PC184038ab.JPG
    PC184038ab.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 53
  • PC184088a.JPG
    PC184088a.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 54
  • P8303038ab.JPG
    P8303038ab.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 58
Sigh.....My rig hasn't seen water since September...I'll have to re-learn everything again....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom