Olympus 5050- $429

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoooooHoooooo :redcap:

It's here, finally it's here. What an adventure that was but it's here now :hug2:

Oh my and have I got alot to learn, but it should be fun. Thanks to all who helped. The article on shaky camera stores was a great help.

I originally ordered the Oly from Priceler for $488.00 new. Well, the article and kwickert were right on the money. First the camera was in stock, but I was asked if there was anything else that I needed. Said no, and the next day the camera was backordered for 3 weeks.

Called as a new purchaser and was told that the camera was in stock. Did a little more investigating and found that Priceler = GAZMA= CCI. All with bad to VERY bad reviews for this tactic. Also noted that the accessories for the camera were excessively expensive (128MB XD Memory= $130.00).

Waited another week and was told that my order was delayed by another 3 to 6 weeks. I asked if I were to add to my order would that make my order appear.....no reply. So, I cancelled the order.

Looked at a review from CNET and they recommended Butterfly Photo with a price of $523.00. Called BP ad they had the camera in stock (they said) and asked me if I wanted anything else. Said no and they said, the camera is on the way. 3 days later.........it's HERE!!!!

My Precious :439:

It pays to buy from a certified dealer. If this hadn't worked, my next stop would have been B&H or Adorama.

Now, I will have to start reading the books and watching the CD. A lot to learn here. Thanks again all

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
:cool1:

MM1....Don't even bother with the little 4 language manual that came with the camera. On the CD is the real one. And although it could be clearer in places, it's vastly better. Just take the CD to Office Max, Office Depot, etc. and have the manual printed. Office Max did mine in a 6x9 format for about $12. Well worth it. FWIW, Kinko's told me it was copyright infringement and would not copy it.

I had one as well when I first purchased a 3040 several years ago, the lowest price is always very tempting. :031:

I am glad everything worked out in the end though, that's the main thing. :boings:

You learned as I did, and perhaps someone else will see this, and learn as well.

It takes alot of homework to find the "true" lowest price.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom