Olympus 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sinners

Reaction score
lairban.gif

Hello All!

I am a proud new owner of a Olympus 5050. I need to get to know how to use it by this weekend! What i specific like to do is how to use the Macro feature in the camera.

Can anyone help?

Cheers!
Alrick

Guess who just got a new 5050Z and is in the process of getting a new Ikelite u/w housing for it?

BTW, he sold the 4040Z, PT010 housing & S&S DS125 to help finance this, so I can't be TOO mad at him, right? :wink:

I guess I'll have to look @ that tutorial too, since I probably will be the one using it the most on land in the next couple of weeks: Pearce & his bro are doing the TransRocky Mtn Bike race up in the Cdn Rockies & I guess I'll be in charge of the camera.

~SubMariner~

Haha!

I just just been playing with it the last couple of nights. Trying to get ready and know how to work it for my diving trip this weekend.

What is important to me is the Macro option [AF] and the General AF [at least for now]. I got a brand new strode too!

Can wait to use it in the waters!

Cheers!
Alrick
lairban.gif

What is important to me is the Macro option [AF] and the General AF [at least for now]. I got a brand new strode too!
Tip: leave it in Macro AF and don't worry about the (general) AF. Macro will cover the entire focusing range of 20cm to infinity as opposed to (general) AF which is 80cm to infinity.

SubMariner once bubbled...
Guess who just got a new 5050Z and is in the process of getting a new Ikelite u/w housing for it?

BTW, he sold the 4040Z, PT010 housing & S&S DS125 to help finance this, so I can't be TOO mad at him, right? :wink:

I guess I'll have to look @ that tutorial too, since I probably will be the one using it the most on land in the next couple of weeks: Pearce & his bro are doing the TransRocky Mtn Bike race up in the Cdn Rockies & I guess I'll be in charge of the camera.

~SubMariner~

Congratulations! Who was it that said they doubted they would ever really get into digital? :D :wink: :eek:ut:

I'm resisting the upgrade thing. There's still lots to learn about the one I have. When I get rich and can take more than a couple dive trips a year, I'll do it then! :mean:

I bought the housing, the 5050 is next on my list! After shopping, checking out, test-diving, etc, the most cost efective method was a re-con 5050, and a housing off e-bay. I'm going to be going out for $639.

Can't beat that!

Congratulations! Who was it that said they doubted they would ever really get into digital?

You must be thinking of some other short blonde Instructor in Hotlanta. Couldn't have been ME! :innocent:

Yeah, I hear you on the resistance issue. I put my fin down until he found someone to buy his "old" system, which basically financed the new one, so how could I refuse?

He promises this will be the last upgrade :devil:

~SubMariner~

SubMariner once bubbled...
He promises this will be the last upgrade :devil:

~SubMariner~

Keeping that in mind....next time he has a system for sale, let me know! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom