Olympus 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but aren't both o-rings same size?
Yes. Just me over-obsessing with o-rings. Small price (and detail) to pay for peace of mind!

in my relentless pursuit the understand the 5050 fully, I have another stupid question.

I notice on the u/w housing, at the shutter, there are threaded groves...is this for an attachment of an u/w zoom or wide angle lens?

If yes, is there a website I can be shown to see such equipment?

Cheers!
Alrick

Alrick....are you talking about the threads on the lens port of the housing? If yes...those are for add-on lenses, either wide angle or macro lenses. There are several places that carry them. One of my favorites is Underwater Camera Pros.

sinners once bubbled...
My God! They are not cheap!

Welcome to the world of photography accessories! And these aren't even considered great quality by alot of people! Blacknet, Avatar, Rooster, Scorpio, etc. can tell you of lenses that cost in the thousands of dollars.

Thanks Dee, do you know perhaps where I can find a site that features Pre-owned/Used/Cheap lenses?

Cheers!
Alrick

No, I'm afraid not. You can check eBay. Also check the various photo forums like our own Aquatrader and Digital Diving and Wetpixel. Both have sections for selling gear.

When I bought the u/w housing, I got a free wide angel lens and an additional zoom lens. These seems exactly like what i saw in the Underwater Camera Pros link you sent me.

So my question is:

1. Does the u/w lens also come with a housing?
2. Or can i just simple screw on the lens to the housing?

I am sorry if this is a really stupid question to you. But i have no idea.

sinners once bubbled...
When I bought the u/w housing, I got a free wide angel lens and an additional zoom lens. These seems exactly like what i saw in the Underwater Camera Pros link you sent me.

So my question is:

1. Does the u/w lens also come with a housing?
2. Or can i just simple screw on the lens to the housing?

I am sorry if this is a really stupid question to you. But i have no idea.

What do you mean by additional zoom lens? For underwater? Where did you buy your housing? I haven't heard of any of the housings coming with free lenses of any kind.

If the wide angle is the same as what Ryan offers, you lucked out!
If it's a 67mm, you should be able to just screw it onto the housing port.

Ok, I bought the housing from singapore.
They gave me a free 1.35 step zoom? and a wide angle lens.

The question is, can i just use it underwater, or do i need an underwater housing to house the lens

Back
Top Bottom