Olympus 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could get the flash to work when i used Macro shot S+flower, why is that so?
I presume you meant to say you couldn't get it to fire. The C5050 has 3 focusing ranges:
-Normal which is 80cm to infinity
-Macro (the flower sign) 20cm to infinity and
-SuperMacro (the S+flower sign) 2cm to 20cm. In this mode your zoom is locked to 11.9 and you can't fire the camera's flash in TTL mode. You can, however, fire the slave flash, but in A and M shooting mode only. The slave flash is more for triggering an external slave strobe. I suppose you could use the 1-10 levels of the slave flash to illuminate your subject but bear in mind the slave flash wasn't designed for it. Depending on your distance from the subject you may also get a shadow of your lens port on your image.

For most of my dive I leave my camera in macro (flower) mode. The flash will work in TTL regardless of P, A, S or M. If I need to get closer than 20cm then I switch to SuperMacro.

yes, I couldn't get the flash to work [camera flash or the strobe] to work for s-flower mode.

It worked perfectly on the AF mode.

So if I read you correctly, you can get the external flash to work with s-flower mode right?

What is A and M shoot mode?

What is TTL?

super macro = s-flower mode?

cheers!
Alrick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom