Olympus C-3030Z Digal Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NINman

Reaction score
I just purchesed the Olympus C-3030Z Digital Camera and was wonding what is a good housing and also when the lens extracts out it makes a gear noise and also it has a bit of a delay when focusing? Is this normal? Thanks.

Hi Brad,

Congrats on the new camera. I have the same one and it works great. I use the Light & Motion Tetra housing for my camera, and think it is the best on the market, but it is quite expensive. There are a couple of less expensive housings that are quite popular as well. There is a thread below this one with similar information.

The slight delay and the "gear sound" are normal for the camera.

Boydski

http://www.boydski.com/diving/

boydski,

BTW your web page with the information was one of my desciding factors to purchase this camera.

I am also a Computer Professional working on the desktop side of things heading towards my MSCNE 2000 cert track.

A very well written review of the Olympus digital cams and housings was recently posted on the Rodales site.

Hi Brad,

Good Luck on your MCSE! I have to go get mine renewed one of these days, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Boydski

BTW, I've been using my Olympus camera recently in Cold Water ( puget sound ), and while the exposure settings are a little less forgiving, it still takes some great pictures when I can get even a little visibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom