Olympus C-4040 and PT-010 housing review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been in the search mode for information on the C 4040 Zoom and ran across this Imaging Test and the results. It's all land based photography, however, I found the explanation of the tests and the photos of each result very interesting. Here is the website if anyone is interested: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C44/C44PICS.HTM
I have just about convinced myself, and my budget, that this is the photography direction I want to pursure.
Dee, thanks for the info about Underwater Direct. I like their PT010/tray/strobe package. Now I am searching for the lowest price and reputable dealer for the C4040.

Originally posted by ScubaJorgen
Dee,

Are you sure they left off the option of choice to delete the image after taking the image? I've got a C3000Z, an ancestor of the C4040Z I guess. On this cam it is a setting that enables this feature.

Would be queer if they took it out on the C4040Z.....

Anyway, buy a lot of storage (128 MB) and don't delete imaged donw under. You don't want this option.....:D

What I was talking about is the ability to delete the image immediately after taking it without going into 'view mode' first. It's still very easy to access any image u/w and delete if you wish. One of the guys who has been using Olympus C-**** cameras u/w for 18months or so was the first who mentioned that feature was ommitted on the C-4040.

I just returned from Roatan where I took almost 700 u/w pictures. I did delete a couple u/w just to see how easy it was but I agree....you don't want to delete anything until you see it on a larger screen first!

Hopefully I'll have some results to show after a few days!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom