Olympus C-5050 Storage cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long of a write time are we talking about with a regular card (sandisc etc) longer than the flash recharge? I am about to by a card but I dont want to over kill or buy a snail. I just an amatuer.

Thanks John

including the 5050 have an internal buffer which will hold several shots. The faster cards will allow you to shoot faster once its full, as they "drain" quicker.

If you're shooting with the internal flash in "auto" mode then it is completely immaterial as the flash will essentially fire at or near full power, and the recharge time dominates. If you are, however, sync'ing to an external flash then its an entirely different matter, as many of them can recharge VERY quickly.

The Ridata 1GB card is available online for right around $200, which compares very well with the "slower" cards such as the SanDisk. I'd get the faster one since, all things being equal, the faster card is more "future proof" (if you get a better camera in the future it won't be the bottleneck!)

Gensis is right about shot to shot times on the 5050

but one thing is that the memory cards you use is that it will affect it and usually like in most things you get what you pay for in memory cards. Current king of the hill in CF memory cards is Ridata as they are the fastest ones on the market.

there are a couple of companies who claim they are faster but this is with a write assist technology that only works in certain high end digital SLRs but with out it there no faster then this companies normal cards.

if you want to see a comparison of various media cards read this article

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/mediacompare/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom