Olympus C-750

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, I finally got to play with one of the C-750 's last night. I must say I was very dissapointed with the construction. It seems very "loose" and although the literature said that this unit was made of metal, I could not tell much difference between it and the 740. On the other hand, the Canon s50 and the Oly 5050 both seem to be well built. The search continues........

I was amazed at the weight of the C-5050. The size is roughly the same at the previous C-4040 but it feels several ounces heavier to me. And the feel of the camera, the physical texture of it, is much sturdier. Does that make sense?

I have got it recently for my C-750. Not much experience with it but works OK so far.
Petr

Although I haven't received it yet, I just purchased a PT-018 off of E-Bay from a guy in the US. So, for those of us in the States that are in a hurry to take our new C-750 under water, they have them on Ebay. By the way, I paid $159.95 plus $9.95 for shipping and insurance (w/i the US). From the other websites I've been looking at, that seems to be about the going price here. I guess I'll just have to see if it actually shows up at my house!!

I have the Olympus C750. I just used it on my trip to Sweden. The pics turned out great ... no complants.

Yesterday I ordered the PT-018 from 17th Street Photo. I talked with them on the phone, they were nice and had it in stock (I've been looking everywhere on the web but nobody had them in stock except 17th Street). I ordered it off their website - $149 + $10 shipping. I received an email today with my fed ex tracking number. I'll let you know if I have any problems. And I'll post some pics after I get back from Palau in Dec.

http://www.17photo.com

Champ =-)

Hi all,

Just been reading the rest of the thread and thought i would post a link to the photos i took with my C-750UZ in a PT-018 housing.....no strobe. These were all taken on Auto too....Still learning how to use it.
Just in case anyone is still interested.
I am really pleased with the camera, even without the strobe. Santas come early this year, so I now have a strobe to test on my next trip.:)

photos here

Not saying my photographic skills are any good, though there are a few nice ones

Hi all,

I am quite happy with my combination of C-750 and PT-018, but there is no wide angle lense on my radar. Any experience?

Petr

Petr:
Hi all,

I am quite happy with my combination of C-750 and PT-018, but there is no wide angle lense on my radar. Any experience?

Petr

I have the Inon 100 UWL (Type 2 - due to the PT-018 having a 67mm housing port). I have not used it yet underwater. I did fiddle around taking surface shots and creating a "lens" filter setup - LensFix in PanoTools (Photoshop Plug-in)

Worked pretty slick.

Anxious to use underwater!!

Will post results from UW photos - but it will be awhile...

I am VERY interested in your results.

I enquired about this combination in September last year and after long search I was informed by Inon that the UWL-100 Wide lens will not work properly with the PT-018 housing and Olympus C-740 or 750 camera's. The UWL-100 Type 2 can be attached to PT-018 physically, but UWL-100 is NOT compatible to PT-018 as it was designed for 1/1.8 inch CCD and 3x Zoom Lens. C750UZ has 1/2.7 inch CCD and 10x Zoom Lens, and ... the peripheral of image has been somewhat less quality than those of compatible Camera.

Summary is that it apparently does work but the outer edges of the image are so out of focus that they are not recommending this lens for use with this housing.

My feeling is that this statement is too cautious and that at least for wide angle setting it is likely to be OK. At the same time I was under circumstances reluctant to go ahead with purchase.

If you can send me any reasonable samples of your under water photos with UWL-100 I would be only too happy to go and get one too ...

Kind regards

Petr

please use following address for attachements:

<UWL-100@baum.com.au>

vandco:
has anyone had any experience with this camera? It would seem that this unit with the Oly housing provides the most bang for the buck.

(please be gentle, I'm a newbie on a budget).

I have both the olympus C-750 and the Olympus under water housing. This is a great set up. I also use a Sea & Sea DX-25 digital strobe. My only sugestion would be to look into the new c-765, they've upgraded the software and you get reduce shutter lag with the new ones. The 750 is a great camera and you learn to allow for the lag time by "panning" with your subects (if moving fish). All Digital camers have shutter lag at this point. Most manufactures are working to reduce that and you will see in the next few years that is will all but be elimenated.

Ask anything, I'd be more then happy to help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom