Olympus C8080

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Yuzo. My 5050 hasn't even tasted salt water yet and I'm already 2 camera releases behind!

Yuzo:
Hello All
Realy the model change of Digital cameras are so often. The body size of C-8080 is
124mm(W) x 84.5mm(H) x 99mm(D) , and C-5060 is 116mm x 87mm x 66.5mm, C8080 is a little bigger than C5060. In Japan, the target release date is 19, March. and the retail price is open price, but it will be about 118,000JPY-128,000JPy. So $999 in U.S is good price.
And PT-023 for C-8080, its target release date is Apr. and 31,000JPY. OLYMPUS showed only the picture from the front at their news, but this camera has big depth,
and 5x optical zoom ,so the zoom extension is longer than C5060. and the bult-in strobe is the retract type.
I have not seen the real PT-023 yet, but I can guess easy that will be fairly big housing.
But C-8080 is highly regarded in other 8M class cameras.

Yuzo / Japan

Will this also mean all new lens sizes too, huh?

Went to the photo shop today and they had an 8080...got to play with it for a couple of minutes too. The camera is MUCH bigger than the 5050. Gonna be pretty bulky by the time the housing gets around it. Anybody buying yet?

justleesa:
Went to the photo shop today and they had an 8080...got to play with it for a couple of minutes too. The camera is MUCH bigger than the 5050. Gonna be pretty bulky by the time the housing gets around it. Anybody buying yet?

I saw the picture of PT-023, it is really big housing. the body size is about same as the Nikonos RS :sprite10:
And have a big port, of cause we can not use 67mm type lenses ans other accesories. And why the port is so big, it is by its structure of zoom lens.
C-8080 has the zoom lens but its widest position is the shortest position.
So to prevent the vignetting, that diameter is need.
The camera C-8080 is not good for underwater use. :angel2:
We Japanese like "Small and compact", but I coldn't belive it is made in Japan .

Yuzo

Yuzo:
I saw the picture of PT-023, it is really big housing. the body size is about same as the Nikonos RS :sprite10:
And have a big port, of cause we can not use 67mm type lenses ans other accesories. And why the port is so big, it is by its structure of zoom lens.
C-8080 has the zoom lens but its widest position is the shortest position.
So to prevent the vignetting, that diameter is need.
The camera C-8080 is not good for underwater use. :angel2:
We Japanese like "Small and compact", but I coldn't belive it is made in Japan .

Yuzo

Hi Yuzo,

I was thinking of trading one of my 5050's for an 8080....why isn't it good for underwater use?

justleesa:
Hi Yuzo,

I was thinking of trading one of my 5050's for an 8080....why isn't it good for underwater use?

Hi, You have better decide it after you see the housing by yourself. I think camera has no problems, and 8MG pixel, you can have more high quarity images. but by my opinion, PT-023 is too big.

Yuzo

Nice to see you here Yuzo!!

So that means that all the stuff I'm buying from you is already REDUNTANT!!! :wink:
I'll stick with the 5050 (Like Dee - still have to get it wet!) By the way Yuzo - cherry blossom started in Fukuoka today - it must be spring! Time to get the wetsuit on. Shika-no-shima here I come......

The 8080 DOES look awesome though!

Yuzo:
Hi, You have better decide it after you see the housing by yourself. I think camera has no problems, and 8MG pixel, you can have more high quarity images. but by my opinion, PT-023 is too big.

Yuzo

I see what you mean now. Thanks so much for the info.
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom