Olympus C8080

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd kill to have the 8080, but in reality, most of us will never make enlargements large enough to really need that resolution. The 5050 or 5060 are adequate, and given the size increase in the 8080, probably a better fit for UW use. My only real complaint against the 5050 is the anemic zoom ratio.

I have a 1GB card in my 5050; that should be pretty adequate for the 8080, too. I think the largest xD card is 256MB, plus they're typically more expensive per MB than compactflash.

Ya I carry two 256 xd cards. Last time I looked for a 1 gig it was $350 or so ouch! Have not checked lately.And as for the new 8 pixel really nice but I want to try video and I am getting some good photos out of the 5050z. I wish I was rich! All these new toys and so little pesos.

domino22:
Please some one tell me my INON UWL-100 will fit the new PT-023.

NO, you can not use UWL-100 with PT-023. Its port diameter will be over 120mm.
And I have heared the flooded case like this.
He was using PT-020 with UWL-100 and INON domeport. And his PT-020 was flooded from the port joint. I think INON UWL-100 with dome port is too heavy for PT-020.

For PT-020, Athena Optical dome port is available now.

Best
Yuzo

Yuzo:
NO, you can not use UWL-100 with PT-023. Its port diameter will be over 120mm.
And I have heared the flooded case like this.
He was using PT-020 with UWL-100 and INON domeport. And his PT-020 was flooded from the port joint. I think INON UWL-100 with dome port is too heavy for PT-020.

For PT-020, Athena Optical dome port is available now.

Best
Yuzo
I guess I will just keep the 5050Z.

O.K. so last night my wife and I are talking about digital cameras. We had decided a few weeks ago to replace our Sea&Sea MX-5 II with a "real" camera! We were looking at the C5050 and C5060 ( after reading lots of articles we decided on the C5050). Then she says something about something she saw, runs downstairs and comes back with a pic of a C8080! She says " as long as your upgrading you might as well get something that won't be too outdated in a few months and will be usefull on land as well....A little searching and we found a great price......SOOOOOOOOO last night I bought a C8080 ! ! It should arrive in about a week or so. So it looks like I now have to find a housing and compatible strobe. I know some feel this will be too big a rig, and if the housing is to bulky, I can always get a housing for my old C3000.

Oh, only paid $689.00 (US) with FREE shipping !

Hey Taucher
where did you order your c8080 from. Im very interested in this camera too but im a little nervous with all the HORROR stories I have been reading about.Seems to be alot of dishonest Camera stores out there.(and Im sure there are plenty of honest ones too )Please let us know if your purchase is a pleasant one.
Thank You Ripnrob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom