Olympus Camedia PT-015 for the new Oly C5050X digicam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
Just one question. Can this housing be used on an Olympus 4040z? That would be great , because of an additional 10 m. of depth.:D

well I'm amazed - couldn't find that camera anywhere in toy town yesterday, are you sure it exists?! Perhaps it's just for the foreign market.

Will keep looking - I suspect the PT-015 housing won't do for your 4040 though.

Jonathan

Ahh! found it launches in Japan in November as well RRP 128,000 or just over $1,000 US - having said that the C40Zoom RRP was 98,000 but I've never seen it more than 69,000 so maybe we can pick it up for around $800. The housing looks standard so another $200 and you've got a god looking camera.

Can't they stay still for a month or two?!

Jonathan

Sorry - found some more. The PT-015 is just for the C5050 and the new PT-014 is for the X-1 and X-2.

both in November and both to 40m - the standard it would seem these days.

Jonathan once bubbled...
...RRP 128,000 or just over $1,000 US - having said that the C40Zoom RRP was 98,000 but I've never seen it more than 69,000 so maybe we can pick it up for around $800...

Looks like it's out or coming very soon. Kakaku.com shows a lowest street price of 86,300 (about USD720) at DigiPlaza in Chiyoda-ku, most of the other places are pretty close to 87,000 yen. If it hasn't been officially released yet, the price could drop quite a bit further.

Just FYI :)

Chris

In reply to the question of if the housing would house the c2xx0-4xx0 looks like no. If you look on the back of the PT015 housing the buttons aren't in the same positions as the PT010. Of course that is just from observation though. If it does actually fit in the housing you wouldn't be able to use the functions on the back of the previous cameras.

Back
Top Bottom