Olympus E-520 & PT-E05 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Phil,
Thank you for the quick answer.
My Inon was setted in S-TTL without the magnet (the same connection used with my compact digicam Canon G7).
I wonder if I have to set the internal flash of the Olympus E-520 in some particular way (automatic, red-eye, full etc).
Thank you again.
Scipio

Hi all

(similar question to previous post)

I am currently using Olympus PT30/SP350 with an Inon Z240 strobe on manual (configured as SLAVE on my camera). I'm using an Optical D Cable which plugs into the Cap W20. Also I am using an Grip base DIII with an Inon Arm system. OK, so all this was supplied by Inon and works without problems.

As I am thinking of upgrading to the Oly E520 /PT-E05 housing and would like to keep my flash gun.

I am intending on using it on manual as I do now with my SP350. What Inon components do I need to buy so that get my Z240 flashgun to work with this setup?

thx

David

Hi dkayuk,
I have a Inon D-2000 Type II connected with velcro and fiberoptic cable to a Canon G7.
Recently I passed to an Olympus E520 /PT-E05 and I have connected my Inon D-2000 with this inondxcable.jpg cable of 10 Bar directly to the PT-E05.
Your Inon Z-240 have even the possibility to connect with electrical cable with 5 pin, but I never used it and I don't know what cable you need for this kind of connection.
Sorry.
Scipio.

What thread size is on the bottom? CAn anyone tell me the center to center distance of the
screw holes and the total width of the housing from left to right?
Thanks
ulcs

Total width of the housing is about 8.5 inches. This includes the zoom control knob. There are 5 holes in the base. The center hole is 4.5 inches from the grip side (opposite of the control knob. The holes then are spaced every 7/8th of an inch.

I can tell you it fits most standard tripod mounts and is the same size as the hole in the bottom of your camera.

I put my wifes E510 inside the housing and it fits fine. The mode dial control is slightly larger on the E520 so when you use the 510 camera you have to put a slight downward pressure on the housing control. Otherwise, everything else snugs up fine. I'd caution you that I haven't dived with it and probably won't. It'll strictly be a backup to my 520.

:confused4::confused4::confused4:

Hello everybody and specially to Gary!

The dimensions of the E-510 body are exactly the same of the E-520. I'm planning to buy an PT-05 housing anyway and maybe you can help me: Could you test your wife's camera on it again? Post here your personal perceptions, if commands works and if the lenses ports that you have also fit.
Of course you don't need to dive with them. I'll do this brave experience later. I don't care about the warranty because I bought my camera in Europe this year and here in Brazil it has no effect.
I was searching for ikelite housing in the internet and it seems to be more expensive and bigger than Olympus PT-E05. I really didn't like it.
Thank you and regards!

PS.: I've got an E-510 and Zeiko kit lenses 14-42mm and 40-150mm
Bruno

:confused4::confused4::confused4:

Hello Bruno,
Well, we sold my wife's old E510 on Ebay last month. My impressions were that everything was identical except the mode control on top of the camera. The E510 mode control dial is smaller therefore the housing control slips over the top of it without much grip on the dial. I was able to change the mode with a little downward pressure but a piece of tape might work better. If my memory serves me correctly, everything else was the same. I'm sorry I couldn't be of further assistance. The difference in price between the two bodies is less than $200 US....might be better just to switch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom