Olympus Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ikan bilis

Reaction score
Olympus Lens at Underwaterdigital

Has anyone bought this lens?

Is it really at 6 times magnification? Had seen 2T and 3T lenses but 6 times? Can anyone enlighten me? Heard that there is a difference between a digital magnification vs a file camera magnification.

I think that if this lens is produced specifically for the Olympus PT-010 housing, it could possibly eliminate the need for one to zoom in to avoid the ringing effect. Comments?

Sorry, don't know anything about the Olympus lenses.

Thanks for the reply, Dee.

Anyone out there who has bought this lens or is thinking of buying it? There is also a wide angle version lens by Olympus as well, designed for the PT-010 housing. It seems that the lenses are similar to the INON lenses as advertised on the website although the INON lenses are more expensive.

Presently, I am thinking of purchasing the lenses but as they are new lenses, I have reservations with regards to their performance and would like to hold out for one or two months before making a commitment. I have emailed the supplier to make some enquiries on the lenses. Hope that they will reply me and I will then post their reply here.

At the moment, if anyone has bought these lenses, can you post your feedback on these lenses? Cheers!

The Olympus lenses were waiting to come out when I did my lens research so I didn't cover them. But from talking to others who had used both Inon and Sea & Sea lenses, I chose to go with the S&S. I'm satisfied with the macro abilities of my C-4040 and from what others passed along, the macro lens only allowed you to get the camera closer to the subject, not necessarily to get closer macro pictures. I didn't feel that was worth the hassle of carrying another lens. Especially when, with the HG resolution, I can crop the macro photos.

The S&S wide angle lens was the only one not producing the vignetting and/or blurred edges. After using it for the first time this past weekend, I'm extremely happy with it. Especially for the wide angle close-up shots.

You might visit Wetpixel forum to ask your question and read about all the other lenses.

Olympus lenses are considered very good. Very fast. Care should be taken with the threading though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom