• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Olympus OM-D E-M5 II opinions?

Discussion in 'The Olympus Outlet' started by mi000ke, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Titatom

Titatom Photographer

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Dear Scheckman, thank you very much for the info! I'll check wet pixel. Thank you all for the suggestions. It's been very helpful :)

SCheckman likes this.
  2. timz

timz Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Hi Chris, how much did it actually help by assigning the back button focus..? Both in Wide angle and macro...

In your opinion...

3. Chris Ross

Chris Ross Manta Ray

I've been sold on it for many years starting with terrestrial photos, my Canon DSLR stays in C-AF all the time and I use back button focusing for all my photography so it was a natural progression to use it under water. SO it's difficult to say how much it improved things as I've only ever shot that way.. Once you get used to it you can quickly focus and recompose so you don't need to get into moving AF points. You need to be a little more careful in macro due to the shallow DOF so you don't change distance as you recompose. And there's no feeling for the half press on the main shutter button.

timz likes this.
  4. timz

timz Barracuda

Thanks.... Appreciate your opinion.