Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sometimes Unresponsive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi. I just joined, so this response is nearly a year late. I hope you've sent your camera back to Olympus while under warranty. My problem was similar: at least one of my Inon strobes would seem to flash late, the camera would shut off, and I would have to turn it off and back on. Not every shot. I had the opportunity to use all the same stuff (housing, strobes, battery, memory card, even internal flash) with another body for 3 days -- not one problem. Oly replaced my camera. (Appears to be new, based on shutter count.)

Hi!

Seems I missed some time...

Sounds like what I was suffering, although you seem to get it more often than all above reports. Where did you dive?

AFAIK it happens only underwater. Seems like all the reports are in Nauticam housings (either OM-D or E-PL3). Might be something to do with the housing pressing on some buttons (I doubt it), head conductance of the housing, or some other weird combination of events.

I think the housing is not the point. I have an Oly housing. My firmware was 1.2 or even 1.0 at that time... When I came home I did a firmware update. And so far it didn't happen again until now (*knocking on wood*).

Best regards

My problem is like on/off button not function, lcd shown live view, shutter unable to press, I dont think it is from housing, even i used it on land shooting also caused the problem. i just bought it about one week and didnt update any firmware yet.

Sad to have this kind of issue on olympus.

Hi!

Seems I missed some time...

I think the housing is not the point. I have an Oly housing. My firmware was 1.2 or even 1.0 at that time... When I came home I did a firmware update. And so far it didn't happen again until now (*knocking on wood*).

Best regards

My problem is like on/off button not function, lcd shown live view, shutter unable to press, I dont think it is from housing, even i used it on land shooting also caused the problem. i just bought it about one week and didnt update any firmware yet.

Sad to have this kind of issue on olympus.

I think this issue is fixed, update your firmware to the latest and it should be OK. Is your camera new old stock? If brand new it should have the latest firmware. If it still doesn't fix the issue send it back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom