Closed Olympus OMD M1 Mark II or III complete setup

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

49COE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to move on from my TG-6 and Olympus's line of micro 4/3 cameras seem to fit the bill in terms of capability while still being relatively compact. If money were not a consideration I would just go buy a new OM-1, but it is so I am looking for an OMD M1 Mark II or III. I would prefer to get a "whole enchilada" type setup with a housing, lenses, and ports for both macro and wide angle. Strobes are less important as I already have a set. Macro is more important to me than wide angle because local diving is pretty murky and doesn't really lend itself well to wide angle, but I would like to have a wide angle setup for when I travel. I might be interested in other camera setups as well if the price was really right, but I don't want a twenty year old cement block of a DSLR type thing if you catch my meaning. I am interested in something that is going to be a step up from my TG-6 in terms of focus capability, sensor size, and low light performance. Let me know what you've got that you don't want anymore. Thanks!

I have an Olympus OMD-EM5 (no lens), Olympus Housing and flat port if you are interested. Camera has the flash, battery (2) and charger. I was looking for $375. All in great condition.

I have an Olympus OMD-EM5 (no lens), Olympus Housing and flat port if you are interested. Camera has the flash, battery (2) and charger. I was looking for $375. All in great condition.
Hi Gary, Thanks for the offer. The price is right, but I'm not sure it is quite what I am looking for. I will keep it in mind though.

I have the Olympus EPL10 in an AOI housing comes with a 14-42EZ lens and standard port, I also have the port extension ring for use with the 60mm macro lens, I'm not selling the 60mm lens though. I'm not too sure I am going to sell off the other ports I have for it.

I have an Em1MkII and a Nauticam housing. I have a complete set of underwater lenses - Oly 8mm Fisheye, Oly 30mm Macro, Oly 60mm Macro, Oly 14-42mm. The corresponding ports and port extensions to accommodate all these lenses. For land, I have the excellent 12-40mm 2.8 and the 14-150mm for more reach. I also have 4 batteries, ULCS arms and clamps, and 2 Sea & Sea YS-D1 strobes with fiber cables. Basically a turnkey solution. It's well used, but represents a substantial investment on my part. I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers. My galleries from the past 4 years are all with this setup and in my signature. Let me know if you want to discuss.

I am interested in something that is going to be a step up from my TG-6 in terms of focus capability, sensor size, and low light performance.
Just an FYI regarding a purchase I made recently to upgrade my TG-4 that you might want to consider if new is within your budget and you want something light. Backscatter's "best bang for the buck" deal now is for an EM-10 mk iv & 14-42 mm lens ($800) with an AOI/Backscatter housing with vacuum system included ($700). The EM-10 mk iv has the same sensor as the EM-1 ii/iii afaik, but is significantly lighter (and the housing is lighter as well). It lacks custom modes and a number of other bells and whistles of the EM-1 ii/iii, but has all the basic camera features most would want. I have only used mine in the pool so far, but so far so good. Of course other ports and lenses will cost more.

I want to thank everyone for their input and offers. The itch has officially been scratched. Thank You Brian Cole for the awesome EM1MkII setup. I can't wait for the weather gods to give me a decent weekend day to get it in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom