Olympus Port Swaps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KevinG58

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just put a big divot smack dab in the middle of the standard (as installed by factory) port of my
PT-EP10 that houses my E-PL5. Not a scratch, a divot. Monster surge and rocks :-(

I have a PT-EP01 which housed a E-PL1, with its own standard (as installed by factory) port, its old but in great shape.

Are the two ports interchangeable between housings? This would be for use with the 2.8 60mm macro and the kit zoom. Right now I need to reuse what is on hand if at all possible.

Thanks in advance and apologies if its already answered somewhere, but nothing turned up when I searched.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/acc...ousings/pt-ep01-e-pl1-underwater-housing.html

Does the "divot" show in the pictures I had this happen with an Ikelite Port while underwater the gouge was filled with water and could not be seen on any pictures I took pics against sand backround and open blue could not see any mark.

Does the "divot" show in the pictures I had this happen with an Ikelite Port while underwater the gouge was filled with water and could not be seen on any pictures I took pics against sand backround and open blue could not see any mark.

I've heard of this phenomena. But I also have a concern about the integrity of the port at depth. I'm afraid it would worry me to distraction.

look up the instructions to install a zen port to your housing..follow the removal ones and change your ports over. They can be much more snug than you can imagine they will be, i ended up using a strap wrench and cursing.

Thanks everyone for all the advice I'll probably do some wrenching tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom