Olympus PT-012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jazzcat24

Reaction score
I want to go for it & get the housing for my Olympus D-40. I don't like the results of the cheap cameras I have been using. I am only a snorkler, but a serious one! Should I get a new one or try to find a used one & hope it doesn't leak! Anyone know of sites to check out for good prices on new, as well as sites for good used housings? I am a novice on this Board, does it have a photo gear sell/trade section? Thanks for your input. I am getting ready for a trip to the Western Caribbean.

www.japan-direct.com has the housing for $235. It cost me about an extra $25 to land mine from them a year ago. I see them going roughly $240-$280 eslewhere.

You'd need to weigh how much a used item is worth saving over the cost of new. Olympus does apparently have a page on E-Bay for reconditioned items, you might have to watch it for a long time for that particular housing to come up but when it does you might get a good deal...someone picked up the housing for a c-50 for around 30 bucks a week a go if the price didn't jump the last couple of hours.

I've been real happy with mine. Tiny housing.

Good luck,

Steve

Back
Top Bottom