Olympus SP-550 Uz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a killer set up. It has full manual mode and RAW capture. The zoom probably won't be much use underwater, and it might require an extended port for zoom use. Didn't notice, does it have a hotshoe?

Checked back. No hotshoe and a pop-up flash, could be a problem for UW.

Peter, of course an external strobe could be used with this camera. It would have to be of the slaved variety rather than TTL.

I must say, in a matchup between Oly and Canon, Olympus is providing more capability in their cameras, especially with RAW capture.

I wasn't talking only about U/W use when I made my comment. Without a hotshoe capability you can't mount/connect an external strobe to the camera to give you true TTL capability unlike the SP-350. Of course as, as gert7to3 said above, you should be able to use an external slave strobe. And I would expect that you can get very good results with an Inon or other strobe.

I've just added the SP-550 UZ to the short list of cameras I'm considering.

Rickg

I was planning to purchase my second UW camera, & almost place order for SP-350 +PT-030. One of the reasons, I can use my FL-20 flash for topside too.
Now, I am thinking to wait till March for the 550 UZ - is it worth
Also, anybody knows the reason Oly does not equip 550 UZ w/ hotshoe ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom