Olympus TG-6 housing (PT-059) optical cord question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunnyboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the TG-6 and PT-059 housing. I recently bought an Inon S2000 which I quite love, and have been playing with optical sync.

My first trial I used a 'plug style' sync cord. I have a thread-on plug adapter for the S2000 and used one of the plug holes in the strobe plate that comes with the PT-059. Problem - the plug comes undone when scootering. I had it tied with a small lanyard so never lost it, but it's annoying to have to plug in your strobe before shooting every time (or wonder why the strobe won't fire...)

I also have an Inon strobe connector, with the screw-on mount for the strobe and bare optical cable on the other end. I use this very effectively with my bigger camera, where I 3-d printed an adapter for the bare cable.

The PT-059 comes with two rubber plugs for the adapter plate. The have holes that appear to NOT go all the way through. You use them to cover any unused hole for a single strobe.

My question - to use this plug that came with the PT-059 housing with a bare optical cable (it fits the hole perfectly), am I supposed to bore the hole all the way through? There are no instructions so I don't want to just make the hole without asking those who've been this way before on the forum.

If you have bored out the hole, what did you use?

Much thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom