Olympus XZ-1 / PT-050 wide-angle lens tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BluewaterPhoto

Bluewater Photo & Travel
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Well, we finally have a good wide-angle option for the XZ-1.

I tried out the Olympus wide-angle lens in the pool yesterday on the PT-050 housing for the XZ-1. The results were fantastic. Wide angle of view, excellent sharpness.

This seems to be the winning wide-angle choice for this housing. I put some test photos up on the Oly wide-angle lens product page.

This lens is a serious piece of glass and the quality really shows.

Scott

Well, we finally have a good wide-angle option for the XZ-1.

I tried out the Olympus wide-angle lens in the pool yesterday on the PT-050 housing for the XZ-1. The results were fantastic. Wide angle of view, excellent sharpness.

This seems to be the winning wide-angle choice for this housing. I put some test photos up on the Oly wide-angle lens product page.

This lens is a serious piece of glass and the quality really shows.

Scott

Nice!

not many dealers post sample pics at their web.
kudos to that.
maybe you can try other wide angle lens.
that would be great.

how come "no flash can be use"???

Myself and a couple other people have tried other wide-angle lenses, and the results were not good, it appears to take a specially designed lens to work well with this setup, like the Oly lens.

Here are a few more pics taken with the XZ1 last night at Three Tree North on the Puget Sound.
My Oly wide angle lens should be here on Tuesday and I will post pics on Thursday night.

Attachments

• P3240133.jpg
    P3240133.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 497
  • P3240159.jpg
    P3240159.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 407
  • P3240163.JPG
    P3240163.JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 354
  • P3240174.jpg
    P3240174.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
In the instruction manual for the PT-050 case, it states that Oly sells a PFC-050 flash port cover that can be used to cover the flash window of the case when you are using an external strobe. Any word if this thing is available stateside?

In the instruction manual for the PT-050 case, it states that Oly sells a PFC-050 flash port cover that can be used to cover the flash window of the case when you are using an external strobe. Any word if this thing is available stateside?

I'm looking at the manual right now and on page 30 (english) it list accessories that are available and there is no mention of that item.

I'm looking at the manual right now and on page 30 (english) it list accessories that are available and there is no mention of that item.

In the link that I provided, Page 30 of the manual says there is such a thing as a PFC-050. It is hard to fathom that Olympus does not plan to make this thing available in North America. Doing a quick Google Search, here is a link to a page in the Olympus Japan website that has an image of it: Olympus PFC-050 Flash Window Cover

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom