Olympus XZ-1 / PT-050 wide-angle lens tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, now you are showing off... really nice work... I would be proud to have a print of that anemone..wonderful commercial quality image. The squid is very nice also.

You are taking to that lens really fast....

Note: There are internet images that look good on a monitor... there are dozens of stock image methods (the same image done over and over again...)..that anemone is none of those and is a very interesting use of a wide angle...and lighting.

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words. :D

Those are really nice, Ron. It's not as wide as you'd like for really big stuff, but it looks like you can get up close and personal and still get good coverage.

Those are really nice, Ron. It's not as wide as you'd like for really big stuff, but it looks like you can get up close and personal and still get good coverage.

Thanks, Larry! No really big stuff to shoot up here and you're correct. I can put the front of that lens right on a subject and still get focus.

I don't see how that would mount on the housing unless it just slips on over the adapter where you plug in the fo cable.
I talked to someone at Olympus the other day and they said that they were "considering" importing the flash cover to the USA......
I really have a hard time trying to understand their logic as to what they will sell here and what they will sell overseas......

I don't see the need for this cover. I taped some exposed film inside of my housing to cover the clear area for the flash and I can't detect any light coming out...however my strobes fire every time. Best of all...it was free!

All of these were shot at ISO 100 with auto white balance. Shutter was 160 @ f5.6 with dual YS01's set at ttl.
I am having a hard time getting the ttl to work with my ys01. How were you able to get the ttl working with the xz1?? :idk:

ttl doesn't work with xz-1 and sea and sea strobes from what I understand. INON works fine for me although I never use it since I shoot in full manual.

Back
Top Bottom