Olympus XZ1 Sucks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just quick question. What did you use as settings and optical complement for your nembrotha chamberlani photo?

Hello Junlao,
I'll go for the LX-5 for the video, hope I made the good choice.

dude, good choice... on hindsight, should have went with the lx5

while some buds laugh at me for preferring video over photo, well, I do and Lx5 is the best all rounder for sure and the f1.8/xz1 and f2/lx5 difference doesn't matter much for u/w pics. well since I bought it, might as well use this till end year and see what else pops up for 2012:coffee:

like henrik, am also just ur daily tourist photog so still in search of that perfect swiss army knife p/s :eyebrow:

o some lx5 pics on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/scipio2010/sets/72157626196972443/show/

Last edited:
cool thanks!

Hi there. You take beautiful photos! I am amazed at the quality. I just got the XZ1 camera and took it to Raja Ampat. However I didn't realize the macro function was a two step process.

May I ask what sort of Strobe Setup you have? My photos are here: any helpful advice or criticism is welcome.
The Gentle Knight - The Call of the Kings: Raja Ampat
‪Manta Ridge, Raja Ampat, West Papua‬‏ - YouTube ( the visibility in the water was down to 10m)

Hi Sipadiver, saw you're video... man do I miss Big Fish, I'm assuming you pressed the record button while on Manual or A/S... had the same problem myself during my borneo trip last Apr, most of my vids are as dark as yours even with good viz and light, try these steps next time when taking vids. ‪Project XZ1- best settings for HD Underwater Video‬‏ - YouTube . setting white balance is key

Yup, AFS to macro is two step, pressing once will give you focus point boxes, and then afs/macro/super macro/manual focus selection, i was going wtf initially, but you'll get used to it :)
just use single ys17 strobe, good enough for macro (shld have gotten at least ys02 or a pre owned ys27dx,:) )

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom