OMS Nitrox DIN Regulator - Good or Bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darbingle

New
Reaction score
Hi...

I'm looking at purchasing a reg for my pony bottle. While I won't be doing much/any deco diving in the near future, I'm looking for a reg that's good performance wise, but at a good price. I've found the OMS Nitrox DEco REG for $140, a seemingly good price if it has the quality of most OMS products.

What I'm wondering is how good a reg it is? does it live up to the OMS name, or is it just another cheap reg? Ease of breathing? Does it free flow? Adjustments? Is it environmentally sealed? Cold water performance?

I can't seem to find any reviews of it...

Thanks.

Since no one has answered I will step in and give my .02 worth. The oms regs are designed as deco regs which mean they are not designed to be used deep. They are good quality but designed to be low/medium performance because of their intended use, With oxygen at shallow depths. This was what was relayed to me from the folks at leisure pro.

I use one for my deco bottles. It works well; however, since it is a deco reg, I've never deployed it below 70 fsw.

Incidentally, my other deco reg is Apek's 100% O2 Clean DS4/ATX50. That puppy breathes well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom