One Dead, One Hospitalized - Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t have notifications turned on. CG reports take months or years to be made public. Witness Rob Stewart. His report was supposed to be final and released at Christmas. It’s been almost 15 months since it happened, and 5 since the report should have been out. I could walk over to the prevention office and ask, but I don’t think I’ll make any friends that way...

CG reports take months or years to be made public.
It's been over 2 years. How would one approach the CG?

I did some digging today, no joy. I’ll take a walk over tomorrow.

I did some digging today, no joy. I’ll take a walk over tomorrow.
Thanks Wookie, we couldn't even find out what type of re-breather it was. All we were told is he had an issue at 60 feet and his dive buddy drug him to the surface without keeping his head tilted back to maintain an airway, possibly causing an air embolism. Coay was a good guy and a great diver. If you were diving with him you gear was getting a through pre-dive inspected, he was Draeger Tech and had thousands of dives on the Draeger and open circuit scuba.

It is very unusual to get any type of investigation report from the military until much later, if ever. Same with skydiving. They tend to rarely release the investigation report to the public.

It is very unusual to get any type of investigation report from the military until much later, if ever. Same with skydiving. They tend to rarely release the investigation report to the public.
Dan, Coay was retired and doing contract with an organization that supports the Navy dive school in Panama City Florida. Military Free Fall accidents are investigated by instructors from our MFF School House in Yuma, the Special Forces Center and School and SF Command at Bragg and normally come out as a message about 6 months after an accident so hopefully no one else makes the same mistake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom