One dead, one missing (since found), 300 foot dive - Lake Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have edited accordingly. It was not my intent to imply that the CCR's caused the deaths. But they were deaths while diving on CCR's.
And that is different from just saying the deaths were on SCUBA? The implication is still there just in how you word it..

And that is different from just saying the deaths were on SCUBA? The implication is still there just in how you word it..
it's fair to look at if CCR. While I agree we would have many OC deaths if many folks were doing the same depth dives that are now common with CCR, CCR does have specific stuff that kills ya that is worth looking at

your criteria, you decide what they meet, I wasn't aware it was a test.

It wasn't a 'test' by any means, it was just a straight forward question, poorly worded though it seems. And without knowing what dives you were / are referring to, l can't make any decision. Hence why I asked the question.

In my opinion yes, specifically stating what equipment they were using is different from just saying "were on scuba".

And if by you saying "the implication is still there" you mean any (percieved) implication that the CCR's caused the accident, then it is you that is reading that into it / now making that implication, not me, as I plainly stated above that that was not my implied intent, and hence why I immediately reworded my initial post when called on it.

Look at it any way you like, but there is no getting around the fact that they were diving on CCR's, (which you seem to be trying to avoid?).

It wasn't a 'test' by any means, it was just a straight forward question, poorly worded though it seems. And without knowing what dives you were / are referring to, l can't make any decision. Hence why I asked the question.
i forgot the smiley ...

the two that were identified after my posts, EN and the Finnish divers

i forgot the smiley ...

the two that were identified after my posts, EN and the Finnish divers

Thanks Cerich (and Nirvana).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom