One of 'our' scuba board members was in the World Trade Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the post. It's hard to remember but more important not to forget.

Steve,

Thanks for reviving this post, and offering your update. I too had not seen this previously. It's vital not to ever forget.

I know of no one personally that came close to your experiences, but my family benefited from the open hearts and arms of the community in Hallifax, Nova Scotia. My Mother, her good friend, my sister and b-in-law were flying back from Europe on the morning of the 11th. As I knew they had a stop-over in Boston, for a few scary hours I fretted that their plane may have been involved. Blessedly, their only hardship was a few poor nights sleep in an auditorium in Canada. The people of Hallifax did everything in their power to make their unexpected guests comfortable, well-fed and entertained.

My thoughts are with you, all the other survivors, and grieving family and friends of those lost.

Scuba-sass

For posting here. I can somewhat understand your feelings and I cry everytime I read about 9/11. You see the company I worked for had an office on Pine St. Some of my coworkers traveled thru the WTC subway area to get to work. That morning they came in early. Otherwise they would have been under the buildings when the attack happened. I had to drive to NYC on 9-13 to rebuild our Pine St office in NJ. We had to get 400 computers and 2 servers up and going to get that office back up and running in NJ so we could open for wall street on 9/17. I was at groud zero on 9/15. My coworkers had to sneak into the pine st office to 'steal' the backup tapes for their servers. It was horrible. The only thing I can say is the NYC people were wonderful. Cabbies were polite and everyone downtown just wanted to hug and kiss you. We all passed by each other says God Bless You!!

So Steve-God Bless you!! You are an angel. Sent here for a purpose. Thank you for being here for scuba board!! And in return, we are here for you!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom