One spot available in Nautilus Belle Amie May 11-19, 2021 $400 off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The trip in March for you Dan will be the litmus test for how well the other countries are managing testing supplies and inventory. With all these new testing requirements, I anticipate demand for testing may outstrip supply in the first few months of the new testing requirements. I'll damn sure be watching the news very closely...

Reactions: Dan
Thanks Dan, these are great protocols to prevent getting/spreading Covid, but this isn't really my biggest concern. It's the possibility of getting hung up and not being able to fly out. I'm hoping by May, some of these restrictions might be relaxed.

Another consideration is what happens to you if I test positive? Would you be required to quarantine for a specific number of days? All questions I've never considered until now.

If it seems I'm being paranoid, I am. I really don't want to hung up because of testing requirements to leave....

I'm sure if you got a positive test, you could be retested for free on the spot and hopefully the first test was a false positive. My understanding is you only have to quarantine until you test negative. That could be the next day or any day you choose to get tested again. I'm leaving for a trip in two days for a liveaboard in the Bahamas. Bahamas was one of the first countries to open with PCR testing requirements and you have to take an antigen test every 5 days that you're there. On the liveaboard, you take the antigen test when you return to the dock on day 6. I've been told by Allstar Liveaboards that in all these past months, no guest has tested positive. For my trip, I've been self-quarantining for the last 7 days, my PCR test was negative, and my Bahamas Health Visa was approved in 10 minutes.

If you take really good precautions before and during your trip, you'll be okay. I would highly recommend an N95 mask instead of a thin paper mask or the thin gator style coverings. If you can't get an N95, double up with two masks. And remember, don't touch your face. I also wear clear safety goggles to protect my eyes. I've traveled on Alaska, American, and Delta and I'm really impressed as to how clean the planes are. Last fall, I did a land-based trip in Florida and Socorro in November and never got sick.

Dan. I think I remember you have a pony bottle? Do you know if Nautilus will fill a personal pony bottle?

Dan. I think I remember you have a pony bottle? Do you know if Nautilus will fill a personal pony bottle?

I have 3 cf Spare Air. I filled it from some of their unused full tanks using my own adapter. They don’t seem to care.

Great video. It looked there were multiple divers in swim suits and T-shirts. Was all this footage from the same trip?

Reactions: Dan
I was on the BA trip with @Dan

SW reported water temps of 73-75f.

One diver made all dives in shorts and rash guard. A few others made most dives in shorts. Strong constitutions.

Lots of 5 and 7mm, hoods and vests.

As you read on SB exposure protection is a personal matter

Great trip

Due to the inflexibility on my return from Socorro, I have withdrawn from this trip. It's going to be an amazing trip and the Nautilus Belle Amie has an excellent plan for protecting divers from Covid-19. They have a solid plan for testing and assisting with divers, but there is a small chance of a false positive test, which could delay me returning to the states and cause problems.

Since I have zero flexibility on the return, I will look to dive Socorro another time that doesn't put me in a tough spot.

I want to thank all of you, especially Dan and Uncfnp for engaging in excellent conversation and providing guidance on this trip.

Unfortunately, the US government introduced an unacceptable risk for me that wasn't present when I decided to join all of you.

You are all going to have an amazing time!

Back
Top Bottom