ONEUW One160X Strobe Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsilcock

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of the new high-end, Italian ONEUW One160X strobes and used them everyday on a two-week road trip in South Australia to dive the magnificent jetties and revisit the incredible annual aggregation of Giant Australian Cuttlefish.

14. Giant Australian Cuttlefish - Beautiful Lighting!.jpg

I was very impressed with them, so impressed in fact that I decided to do a first impressions review of the strobes.

Tried to be objective as possible and, again... I bought them myself.

Here is the link to the review: ONEUW One160X Strobe Review - First Impressions | Indopacificimages

Don

I was wondering when someone would review these they certainly sound like great strobes!. Interested to see you had an Alfa years ago - I owned one for many years finally parting with it when parts became difficult to find, but had great fun driving it.

Backscatter: $1700. Each!! That said, your photos with them are indeed very nice! The Alfas are now back in the US, albeit with only a single model I believe.

Unrelated, I remember a double page spread ad in a magazine that showed an entire scrapyard of squashed Fiats. The tag line said "Fiat: designed on computer, built by robots, driven by Italians"!!

Backscatter: $1700. Each!! That said, your photos with them are indeed very nice! The Alfas are now back in the US, albeit with only a single model I believe.

Unrelated, I remember a double page spread ad in a magazine that showed an entire scrapyard of squashed Fiats. The tag line said "Fiat: designed on computer, built by robots, driven by Italians"!!

If I remember correctly Fiat rescued Chrysler going bust? The engineer that has designed this strobes used to work for seacom the strobes are basically a carbon copy

Some of the ergonomics are not the best and frankly could make it cheaper by producing a non TTL version. Who shoots TTL anyway???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom