Ongoing problems with OCi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once again My OCI Computer has failed while being on an extended live aboard trip in the Socorro Islands.
Sorry to hear that. Time to rethink your options.

Update. Once again My OCI Computer has failed while being on an extended live aboard trip in the Socorro Islands. This time the computer went into Deco Only 10 mins into the dive at 40 feet. My wife and I both carry back up computers since having issue with the OCI's in the past. On this particular dive, out of the four computers we are using on every dive my main OCI was the one that failed again. The OCI computers are unreliable. Between the two OCI'S my wife and I own, They have failed a total of 5 times. We have sent them back to oceanic and they say the screen has failed and replace the screen. It seems to me there is a glitch in the computer and Oceanic should fess up before someone is severely injured. Luckily for us we dive with back up computers! We will be replacing these computers before our next dive trip. I have always been a fan of the oceanic computers, but not anymore. This not what you expect from a $1000 computer!

I feel your pain. I should have replied earlier to this thread. I did receive my repaired OCi back May 2017, and took it with me for 6 weeks in Cozumel. 80 dives in Cozumel, plus the another 15 back in the USA since the repairs, and the unit has been flawless. That said, I still do not have 100% confidence in it or my Cobalt 2. So I sold the Cobalt and purchased a Teric. The Teric is a beautiful device, that sadly I can not hear

I took it out with a new diver last month that was looking at the OCi, after our dive he decided to buy the Teric instead. I am now using the OCi for Pool sessions and OW dives 1&2. Under Water the Teric is amazing, under direct sunlight OCi is better. Also, the Teric uses your OCI Transmitter, so you do not need to replace them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom