Online Dive Gear Shipped To Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fat_Tony

Registered
Reaction score
Are any of the Online Dive Gear shops located in Canada?

If not are there any duties when you get stuff shipped in from outside Canada?

Thanks,

Paul

Jiveturkey,

Any idea how much the duty would be?

Thanks,

Paul

If the gear is made in the US...no duty...Nafta and all.

Better bet is to order to a friends house across the border and either pick it up or have them send it to you. Freight can kill you from the shops coming into Canada.

You will get GST and PST charged.

If you take it over the boarder yourself...after 48 hours you get $200 worth without paying the taxes...the taxes will be on the remainder...no duty.

I don't really know exactly but whenever I've ordered from the states the duty always nails me. Try the Canada customs website, they might have the info you want. Check a few Canadian shops and compare the prices after taxes, duties and exchange. Sometimes it works in your favour but most times it's just as well to buy the stuff locally.

You will not pay duty on sporting goods imported to Canada. You will however need to bay both taxes. Beware, UPS has increases its customs clearance fees to over $35.00 per shippment. Canada Post, Purolator and Fed EX are still under $10.00 for this service.

Back
Top Bottom