Online dive tables ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

60plus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are dive tables available online, I had a look and can't find any, or do you have to buy them?

google dive tables and select Images

or US Navy Dive Tables - they maintain a pdf of the entire tables on one of their sites.

Does not matter which agency, I would expect / hope they would all give similar information. The easier to use the better.
I was wanting to compare dive times on air to different nitrox grades for depths of 20 to 40m. Also to see how difficult it is to use tables for repetitive dives.

Thanks #3 - I found the image then got a link to SSI tables with instructions how to use them

Does not matter which agency, I would expect / hope they would all give similar information. The easier to use the better.
There is a surprising amount of difference.

Decades ago the US Navy tables were used by just about everyone. Because of the way they calculated surface intervals, it made for a very long wait on the surface in the middle of a 2-tank dive sequence. In the early 1980s, PADI did research that resulted in their tables, which led to much shorter surface intervals. The changes in their tables included shorter times for first dives to help make that happen. Almost all other agency tables, including the SSI tables, follow the US Navy tables.

This has an important practical effect. Almost all dive computers have algorithms consistent with the PADI tables. When dive operations plan 2-tank dives, they usually plan for surface intervals consistent with those tables and computers. If you are using tables that give longer first dive times followed by longer surface intervals, you may have trouble staying on the tables for the scheduled second dive.

But why are you planning to use those tables? I haven't seen anyone try to use tables on a recreational dive for 20 years, and the person who did it back then was me. It didn't work, because my first dive (multi-level with a DM leading) took me off the tables.

I was wanting to compare dive times on air to different nitrox grades for depths of 20 to 40m. Also to see how difficult it is to use tables for repetitive dives.
yeah - they're all different

I’ve heard it said that all Dive tables were based on younger, leaner men, so additional conservatism should come with being female, more fat and significantly older, ( but basically it seems circulation and fat deposits are issues in offgassing nitrogen)
I still enjoy working out the tables myself when planning and after completing dives.

I’ve heard it said that all Dive tables were based on younger, leaner men
True, once upon a time, but today there is more reality and conservatism in modern tables, for example DSAT and DCIEM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom