Online/E-Learning OWSDI Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agnieska

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I'm currently a PADI Divemaster, but am more interested in SDI and TDI for becoming an instructor for various reasons.

Anyway, I see that you have elearning for OWSDI and I can't find out much about what I need to do if I take it after I am finished. It's quite pricey compared to Padi IDC, so I was wondering what the differences are.

Thank you!

If you are in the Caribbean just go with PADI . Much better chance of getting work that way. If still wanting SDI/TDI do a crossover.

Thank you for your questions regarding the price difference in the eLearning Instructor program. The eLearning course for SDI OW Inst includes the instructor Pro Kit which, which, if sold separately, retails at $445.00. The instructor Pro Kit includes the following items;

·Attaché Case
·SDI Standards and Procedures
·SDI Standards and Procedures/CD
·CW/OW 5-Slate Series
·Student Skill Checklist Slate
·Rescue IG
·Rescue Diver Slate
·Online Access Code
·OWSDI Resource CD-ROM
·Presentation Bag
·OWSDI KQ
·OWSDI IG
·Electronic OWSDI CD-ROM
·SDI OWSD Manual
·SDI OWSD KQ Booklet
·SDI Student Record Folder
·SDI OWSD DVD
·SDI Logo Sticker
·SDI Hat - Khaki
·SDI Patch
·Training Logbook
·SDI Dive Leader Record Folder
·US Navy Air Deco Table

With these items, not only will you not have to purchase any additional materials for your Open Water Inst Course, but you will be ready to teach with the products and tools available in your kit as well. This is why the SDI OW Instructor course fee is higher - we have already included the student course materials.

Please feel free to contact SDI/TDI World HQ if you have any further questions.

Thank you for your questions regarding the price difference in the eLearning Instructor program. The eLearning course for SDI OW Inst includes the instructor Pro Kit which, which, if sold separately, retails at $445.00. The instructor Pro Kit includes the following items;
·Cut·

With these items, not only will you not have to purchase any additional materials for your Open Water Inst Course, but you will be ready to teach with the products and tools available in your kit as well. This is why the SDI OW Instructor course fee is higher - we have already included the student course materials.

Please feel free to contact SDI/TDI World HQ if you have any further questions.

Thank you- that is what I have done :)

It's a heckuva deal. I did mine in 2011-2012 starting at DEMA. You really do get everything you need to start teaching classes. I did a crossover and it was painless, quick, and if you know your dive theory, how to plan and lead dives, and work with people it's not that hard.

I crossed over to SDI/ TDI about 3 yrs ago. Our shop was already SDI/TDI/ ERDI. They offered a VERY sweet crossover deal to cross over several members of the staff (we are primarily SSI). I am currently the shop's Solo Diver instructor & hoping to break into some of the beginner Technical diving instructor levels this year. It's good organization,..... the only drawback, is the requirement of shop affiliation.

Not a drawback as you can affiliate with a shop you never have to set foot in. I still send in all my own student certs and get the cards mailed to me.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom