Opal Cohn Torelli - Cozumel 9/29/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2fishfork

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From "Rally for Opal & Gabi & Heath's Recovery Scuba Mau" facebook page.

Very sad news: With permission of April (opal's mom). Last night about 10:59 p.m. (est) Opal passed with family by her side. We knew the journey and fight for Opal would be a tough one and with sadness, we press on to understand the tragedy of the situation and we know that life will change forever now without her beautiful smile and her spirit for life. A fish from the sea, now an angel above!!! Fly High Opal, We will miss you and love you forever!

Very sad news: With permission of April (opal's mom). Last night about 10:59 p.m. (est) Opal passed with family by her side. We knew the journey and fight for Opal would be a tough one and with sadness, we press on to understand the tragedy of the situation and we know that life will change forever now without her beautiful smile and her spirit for life. A fish from the sea, now an angel above!!! Fly High Opal, We will miss you and love you forever!

Thank you for letting us know.

Oh my gosh,that is so sad. What a tragedy this all was.

Thank you for letting us know about Opal. God rest her soul.

I've been hesitant to write what I, as a mom, felt should be written. I don't know whether Opal's mom has read any of the posts in this thread. If she has, I hope she understands that the majority of the people wished the best for Opal. I can't imagine anything WORSE than sitting in a hospital watching my daughter die. Oh God, I would rather die myself than see my daughter injured or dying. I would trade places in an instant. The natural order of things is NOT for the child to pass before the parent. My heart absolutely bleeds for April, Opal's mom. Opal is now in another place, but April has to live the rest of her life without her child. How very, very sad. It would put me right over the edge.

islanddream

Condolences and best wishes to the family

Condolences to Opal's family, friends and co-workers. May people remember the good times that you were fortunate enough to bring into the lives of others.

Adios por ahora mi hermosa amiga. Te extrañaré por siempre.

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with Opal’s mother, her family and friends.

God bless her sole, may she rest in peace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom