Open Fischer Connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potapko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just recently received my Pursuit in the mail. I intend to dive it tomorrow. Question is, does the port for the Fischer connector need to be plugged in order to dive with the computer?

I'm just an OC diver so I am not familiar with these connectors. Is it watertight without a cap? And if so, what is the cap for that came in a separate envelope?

Thanks,

Hi Diving Preacher,

You should have received a packet with the Fischer cap and cap leash. Make sure you don't lose the 2 little metal pieces in the pack. You need them to attach the wire to the computer bracket.

If you leave the cap off while diving, the computer won't leak, however, the pins will eventually corrode. In the library section of our website, Curt McNamee, our US rep has done a very good article on the care of Fischer connectors.

Best Regards
Lynn Partridge

Thank you for the quick response. I will go read the article and attach the cap before diving tomorrow.

I just got my predator friday and the cap and all for the fisher connector came professionally installed. My question would be how often should I remove the cap and check and re-mineral oil if I am not using the fisher connector. I am using the computer OC atm. Id rather not disturb anything unless its necessary. I have read your online bit about fischer connector maintenance. I just dont know how much it pertains to intervals when the cap is not disturbed.

Thanks for the info and your time, Walt

I just got my predator friday and the cap and all for the fisher connector came professionally installed. My question would be how often should I remove the cap and check and re-mineral oil if I am not using the fisher connector. I am using the computer OC atm. Id rather not disturb anything unless its necessary. I have read your online bit about fischer connector maintenance. I just dont know how much it pertains to intervals when the cap is not disturbed.

Thanks for the info and your time, Walt

When you are done diving for the weekend or day and your computer will be sitting for awhile, all you need to do is pull off the Fischer cap from the computer, blow out the inside of the fitting and cap with dry air and put a drop of mineral oil on the pin connector socket, put the cap back on and you are good to go.

Very simple and quick to do and I recommend this proceedure even if your are not using the connector.

Sincerely,

Curt
Shearwater Research, Inc

When you are done diving for the weekend or day and your computer will be sitting for awhile, all you need to do is pull off the Fischer cap from the computer, blow out the inside of the fitting and cap with dry air and put a drop of mineral oil on the pin connector socket, put the cap back on and you are good to go.

Very simple and quick to do and I recommend this proceedure even if your are not using the connector.

Sincerely,

Curt
Shearwater Research, Inc

Another reason to sell my pursuit with fischer con and buy a SA predator. :cool2: I'll never use a rebreather

Back
Top Bottom