Open Water Certification Exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MJcK

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm a new member here, and new to diving as well! I'm almost done with my OW course and will be taking the OW Final Exam soon.
I know PADI doesn't allow for their documents to be copied and distributed, so is there any other way I can study for the exam?
I'm not asking for an answer sheet or anything of the sort..just some questions I can look at to prepare myself.

I was told that the questions came straight from Quizes 1-4, and that the extra 10 questions are essentially quiz 5.

Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone,
I'm a new member here, and new to diving as well! I'm almost done with my OW course and will be taking the OW Final Exam soon.
I know PADI doesn't allow for their documents to be copied and distributed, so is there any other way I can study for the exam?
I'm not asking for an answer sheet or anything of the sort..just some questions I can look at to prepare myself.

I was told that the questions came straight from Quizes 1-4, and that the extra 10 questions are essentially quiz 5.

Thanks everyone!

I dunno about PADI, but the SSI exam could have been passed by an uninformed 10 year old. Don't stress it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Read your book and study it. That is what will help the most. Think of this as being like a final or mid term in high school. At a 5th grade level. But one that actually means something.

This is the easiest test ever. If you read the book and paid attention you will do fine. Make sure you know how to use the RDP.

definitely agree the exam if you've read the book & understand it is easy.... For android phones - there is a scuba quiz which is useful by Boboshi . They are random general OW knowledge questions and there is a separate quiz on tables.

Jim I think said it the best though. Know your material and hope you're reading comp. is at least at a 5th grade level and you should be fine. It's just bookwork albeit important --

Of course my SEI OW exam is anywhere from 50 to 100 questions and I have a bank of 168 to ask it from. And not at the 5th grade level.

Read your book and study it. That is what will help the most. Think of this as being like a final or mid term in high school. At a 5th grade level. But one that actually means something.

Wait a minute! My instructor for OW said PADI is a 6th grade level. I studied too hard!

Personally I thought the online was a better way than the book as the exams were cut and paste from online. That said, know your RDP inside and out, and redo your quizzes and you'll be fine.

As others have said, the way to prepare for the exam is to know what's in the book well. That's why you take that exam--to show that you know what's in the book.

It really isn't geared for the 6th grade level. Since it is possible to be certified at age 10, that would be too difficult. The last person I certified was in fact 10 years old, and he was in the 4th grade.

if you are well studied, and just looking for confidence, the do a google search for "scuba quiz" and you will get lots of hits. There are also free iphone apps that hit you with basic questions. Some of the questions might not be PADI related, but should be close enough.

Alternatively, make up some hypothetical dives such as choosing a few random numbers like a 23 minute dive to 42' and calculating ending pressure group, then add a surface interval, and calculate another dive. If you are unsure of an answer that you get, post it in this thread and I'm sure someone will confirm you answer.

Lastly, cover the answers you wrote down for the knowledge reviews and go through the book and re-answer each question from memory.

The last person I certified was in fact 10 years old, and he was in the 4th grade.

Well that does it. I am clearly not as smart as a 4th grader!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom