Open Water Certification Exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OW test is really easy. I took it in February. I also read the book though. I only missed two questions, both of which were dive table questions. It is also important to note that I was using the old school hard card dive table. I chose to do this 1.) because I never received and RDP because I started my class late and borrowed a book and 2.) because I felt like I should know everything about what I was going to be doing. I will be diving with a computer but why not know how to use the table.

bottom line just read your book and you will be fine.

As one who was certified in the computer era, I too opted for the table test. From what I observed, SSI does not offer this now. In my opinion, learning the tables, Air and Nitrox, is an excellent method to understanding the dynamics of what we do. I periodically go to the tables and refresh how to use them- even though I dive with a computer watch and console. While the computers are great with simulation, it is not quite the same and venturing through the tables. Just my 2 cents....

Terry

Do yourself a favor and highlight the things you don't understand fully. Go over them a lot. I understand the test might be intimidating to someone who hasn't taken it but just study. You don't want to [ass the test if you don't know the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom