Open Water Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by cabrerad
Bear,

You can ask your instructor to fill out a referral. Then call some of the outfits where you will be vacationing to see if they will accept it. Most major shops/agencies should. With the referral, you can complete the skills that are not complete with another instructor. The instrcutor can be PADI or not. If you plan to certify with another agency, make sure they will accept the referral. Have fun!

DMC

I would make sure you follow cabrerad's advice and call ahead to whichever company you plan to go diving with to make sure

1) they will accept the referral and
2) you bring everything they need as far as information/documentation

I just was in correspondence with someone who recently visited here with their husband - both wanted to go diving. I am not real sure on the details, but the husband had his doctor's written "authorization" that he was ok to dive - but the company wanted to actually speak to the doctor. With the doctor being out of the office that day, the husband was unable to dive.

While this particular story may not have total relevance to your referral situation, I'm just trying to make the point that the best thing is to ensure you have all your ducks in a row before you come all the way out here and find out that you don't have something they need and are disappointed.

Have a good vacation, the weather's been great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom