Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vancouver has always been on my list - can you talk to Justin to get me permission to enter Canada? :cheers:.
There's quite a few places that I could reach and go diving, and I can work from home, but I want to go to Indonesia :(

Oh dear
Are you an American?

Vancouver has always been on my list - can you talk to Justin to get me permission to enter Canada? :cheers:.
There's quite a few places that I could reach and go diving, and I can work from home, but I want to go to Indonesia :(

We all want to go to Indonesia!

And we miss you all here in Indonesia!
You go go down the road that some simple minded people have suggested: Stop testing so you have no new cases and open the country. Or do the sensible thing by protecting the Indonesian people (both from CV19 and all the side effects it has), wether the storm and we will be all back after. On the bright side, Germany's PEI has approved a phase 3 study in Germany for Biontechs vaccine; if you know who they work this means that the ongoing combinded phase 2/3 studies must show that the vaccine is reasonably safe.

You go go down the road that some simple minded people have suggested: Stop testing so you have no new cases and open the country. Or do the sensible thing by protecting the Indonesian people (both from CV19 and all the side effects it has), wether the storm and we will be all back after. On the bright side, Germany's PEI has approved a phase 3 study in Germany for Biontechs vaccine; if you know who they work this means that the ongoing combinded phase 2/3 studies must show that the vaccine is reasonably safe.
There is hardly any testing here. Until now 0.5% of the people have been tested. Reasonable safe is not good enough of you want to vaccinate at least 60% of the world population. How to protect the Indonesian people? The virus is spread all over the archipelago already.

Just cancelled my October flights :-(. Hopefully next year sometime.

My November Liveaboard has just cancelled. Really fed up! Rescheduled for end of next spring. That’s three failed attempts to go to eastern Indonesia. Next potential disappointment is booked for February. Really hope that Indonesia opens to countries with low infection rates by then, not only for my sake but to save the livelihoods of all those working in the tourist business.

Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand are the most popular diving destination in SE Asia. And none of them is ready to accept any visitors for good reason.
The idea of accepting foreign tourists is very complicated. Countries with low infection rates do not mean ALL their nationals are healthy and virus(Wuhan strain) FREE.

Back
Top Bottom