Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

De Juniac who's french (and my wife's ex boss) should have considered the testing situation in many countries, inlcuding his home country,that are testing full throttle and cannot manage the flow, currently people are running everywhere asking for PCR tests like beheaded ducks. Some of them carrying symptoms rightly entitled to be tested, and many other hypocondriacs asking for a test to comfort themselves after they've been talking on the phone to somebody who has met an asymptomatic.
Practically and due to the overflow it is near to impossible to get the result of a PCR test within 4 days in France, hence nobody can fly now. Great.

De Juniac's ex-company AirFrance aknowledged a dramatic dearth of passengers the last couple of weeks because of the impossibility to get a PCR test 72h prior to check in, this is nipping in the bud the weak pickup of tickets sales that was observed in august ( I flew Paris-Tbilisi both ways on overbooked planes end of august, this is now history thanks to the 72h PCR test prior to flying.).
This is discouraging any attempt of flying and that showed almost immediately.

And btw, Georgia (the real one in Caucasus : land of good wine, culture and friendly people. And yes, they have peaches as well, the biggest you can find, 1,5 USD for a bucket of those.) had a really good tourism policy until now. They were testing all holiday passengers on arrival, without the need to get yourself a PCR test prior to checking in to your flight. They wanted to attract tourists so they arranged and organized themselves for that (internally they had one of the best COVID free record in the world, very few cases 1000 overall and only 25 deaths, that could be compared with HKG or Taiwan)
This is also the case in Paris, pax coming from red zones are tested on arrival.

Georgia sounds nice

Qantas CEO: rapid preflight COVID tests could restart overseas travel

I think this plan that the international airlines around the world are recommending & pushing for, will be the only way travelling to countries like Indonesia will happen sooner rather than years away. Proactive and logical ideas like these are needed, and be given some consideration above people's exaggerated fears & political motives

I'm hoping by December Indonesia will accept foreign tourists, but more likely by February

Also the suicides and burnouts here are rising and a problem. And this is a bigger problem than the virus will ever be.

This will be the case for many countries in the world. In Australia they say they can accurately predict the suicide rate every year, and that it will rise significantly for the next 5 years as result of restrictions, surpassing the death toll of covid.

Indonesian people aren't immune to mental health issues, & in fact without an income or financial assistance puts them in even greater danger for all types of health issues

Qantas CEO: rapid preflight COVID tests could restart overseas travel

I think this plan that the international airlines around the world are recommending & pushing for, will be the only way travelling to countries like Indonesia will happen sooner rather than years away. Proactive and logical ideas like these are needed, and be given some consideration above people's exaggerated fears & political motives

I'm hoping by December Indonesia will accept foreign tourists, but more likely by February
They HOPE for this test which is not available yet. And when it is? They say: This would unlock countries “that have like levels of transmission – New Zealand, maybe Japan, maybe some counties in Asia – then you could see ‘bubbles’ opening up one by one.”
I have no idea why you think we can expect guests again in February. Indonesia indeed might open the borders. But the risk of being infected here will probably much bigger by that time than it is now. And for a large number of potential visitors that will be a too big risk. Even of you think that it is not. Until now not yet 2 million Indonesians have been tested.

They HOPE for this test which is not available yet. And when it is? They say: This would unlock countries “that have like levels of transmission – New Zealand, maybe Japan, maybe some counties in Asia – then you could see ‘bubbles’ opening up one by one.”
I have no idea why you think we can expect guests again in February. Indonesia indeed might open the borders. But the risk of being infected here will probably much bigger by that time than it is now. And for a large number of potential visitors that will be a too big risk. Even of you think that it is not. Until now not yet 2 million Indonesians have been tested.

Well I'm not ignorant in my thinking of return to normal travel soon. Prominent scientists, business people, philanthropists, politicians etc have been calling for restrictions to end & international travel to resume. Testing the entire population of Indonesia is completely impractical and will never happen

Well I'm not ignorant in my thinking of return to normal travel soon. Prominent scientists, business people, philanthropists, politicians etc have been calling for restrictions to end & international travel to resume. Testing the entire population of Indonesia is completely impractical and will never happen
Exactly. We can go back to normal. Save our lives.

I mentioned the very little testing here to explain that no other country will trust the data. I think that you once were sure that this September "millions will fly again ". Would be pleasant if this time you are right. Anyway, the situation for the people in Indonesia cannot become worse if foreigners start coming again. Wish they would.

I mentioned the very little testing here to explain that no other country will trust the data. I think that you once were sure that this September "millions will fly again ". Would be pleasant if this time you are right. Anyway, the situation for the people in Indonesia cannot become worse if foreigners start coming again. Wish they would.
I think the people in Indonesia need tourists. And tourists want to come, but life must be normal again.

I think the people in Indonesia need tourists. And tourists want to come, but life must be normal again.
And the tourist do not want to be in quarantine upon arrival back home. And they might prefer to chose a destination where at least the available data make it possible for them the balance the risks.

And the tourist do not want to be in quarantine upon arrival back home. And they might prefer to chose a destination where at least the available data make it possible for them the balance the risks.
Of course, you want a NORMAL holiday, so no masks, no social distance, no other limits and no quarantine. Here quarantine is strictly advised , but no law till now, so we can go as soon as there are normal flights again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom