Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
About to buy my first pair of dive fins, and want opinions of these please:
- Oceanic Manta Ray
- Beuchat Aquabionic
- Tusa Hyflex Switch

Ive dived with the Scubapro Seawing Nova Gorillas quite often, and really enjoy them. But I'm not keen on paying quite as much as they cost over here (though if they still sold the orange ones I might go for it :wink: )

To give you an idea of what I'm looking for, I want something with some kind of flexibility, as a lot of the diving I do involves long swims and hence a flutter kick. But during the dive I mainly frog kick so would like something that will be able to accommodate both reasonably well. I also do a lot of diving in fairly challenging conditions, so want something durable, and preferable with strong channels or vents that will help reduce effort.

Any opinions will be much appreciated, and if you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them! But please no jet fins or turtle fins - I've dived with them but they are a killer with the long swims involved!

Thank you!!

Scubapro Seawing Nova Gorillas

This is the one to use!!!

I do a lot of surface swimming to get to the dive spot (300 - 500 meter surface swims).

Why those choices in particular? Have you looked at Quattro's? They are a decent general purpose fin

Sounds like you might not enjoy how stiff the dive rite xt's are, but they provide great thrust

My opinion: Having fins beats not having fins. ;-)

Seriously, this is sports equipment. What works best for someone else might not work well (or at all) for you. See what you can beg, borrow, and steal to try out. An LDS gave me every fin they had in my size to try out in a pool. I've tried several other kinds since then and still dive with the ones I chose then.

What he says!

Many people will tell you what the best fin in the world is; it is usually the pair they have. It really is a matter of personal preference though, so you really are best trying to borrow a few pairs.

If you frog-kick a lot, you'll probably find something stiffer helps. I frog-kick and like my Scubapro jets; I tend not to like splits and anything gimmicky.

Deep 6 Eddy Fin - Fins

And you can get them in Orange.. Good fins.. I used my black ones while in St. Martin, was easily able to flutter to get around and then frog when I was in the general area I wanted to be in.. Worth a good look.

unknown-1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom