Opinions wanted...Dive Rite or Eezcut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgmontgomery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
...or...?
I'm doing a pier dive in about a week & am trying to decide between a Dive Rite (LOVE their gear!) Z knife & the Trilobite. The DGX ceramic version looks nice, too.
I carry snips and a knife with a "line cutter," but I thought that a actual LINE CUTTER would be a goid idea.
Thanks in advance for your input!

I carry two trilobites one on each computer strap and a pair of shears in my pocket

Eezy cut is very easy to carry because it is so small. Only drawback I can see : a bit small to handle with heavy gloves.

Carry mine on my computer strap too, and have also a pair of shears.

What about "cutting ability?" Is there any real difference? Another important consideration is ease of use with gloves.
Thanks!!

Eezy cut is a good line cutter, you can easily change the blades, there're some spares in the kit you buy. Still, the best one handed cutting tool according to me is a pair of shears.

I have shears but am underwhelmed at their quality. They are a well known brand but feel very flimsy to me.
I may buy one DR & one Eezcut cutter as I always carry two+ of essential items.
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom