Optional Download Cable for Aladin Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesBon92007

Contributor
Reaction score
Southern California...too far from the ocean
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Sorry if this has been talked to death but i couldn't find any threads that were still open.

I have an Aladin Pro that can use DataTalk/DataTrak to download the logs. I don't have the cable, but I have one for the Mares Puck Pro. The Diving Log software for the Mares says it'll work with the Aladin Pro. Has anyone used another company's data cable successfully with the Aladin Pro? Both have two contacts. I'd hate to spend the money on another cable only to find out I already have one :wink:

I'm considering making a cable from plans online but they say they won't work to re-set the computer. I want that feature just in case I ever come across a great deal on another one from Europe etc.

Thanks.

For the Aladin Pro there are two ways to download the data: The official one is called "Memomouse" and is not just a cable, it's a mobile memory unit to store the dives on the go. The Aladin can only store 200 minutes dive profile data, which is about 3 dives. So you either have to download the dives every day to the Memomous or to a PC. The 2nd method are those DIY cables which you've already found. They can be used to download the dives directly to a PC (every 3 dives if you want profiles).

As far as I know you can also reset the Aladins using the cables, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I think it will be difficult to find a Memomouse these days, so the cable might be the only chance. The Mares cable will not work for the Aladin.

Edit: I forgot: the Memomouse needs a native serial port, which is not available anymore on computers. The DIY cable can be connected to USB-Serial adapters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom