Options for Africa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually when I see Egypt mentioned in scuba, it's in the context of a live-aboard trip to dive the Red Sea. I haven't been. If you do a Scuba Board search using Red Sea, you'll probably turn up a number of threads. The wreck of the Thistlegorm gets mentioned, so that's another search term you might use.

I've been collecting some info. on Indonesian region diving, and possible alternatives. From my notes, here's a paragraph that has a link to a Red Sea discussion that might be of interest. It might get you started.

4.) The Red Sea – known for reefs, wrecks, oceanic white-tip sharks and the chance for topside excursions (e.g.: go see the pyramids). But when ontdiver asked Red Sea (Again) or Indonesia, it was a landslide response favoring Indonesia – citing the amount and diversity of life. Darnold9999 (Post #15) noted compared to Raja Ampat, similar Red Sea live-aboards are much cheaper, and the Red Sea is an easier trip from the (especially eastern) U.S.; ontdiver (Post #14) noted relatively easy flight connections to places like Hurghada and Sharm ek-Sheikh, a full rnage of budget and high-end accommodations, many live-aboards to choose from and solid tourism infrastructure (e.g.: Valley of the Kings, pyramids at Giza, Nile Cruises, Cairo).

@Abhi Singh
Tell us what you are after (wreck? big fish? small fish? lieveaboard? land based? budget? duration of the trip? time of the year;...?). This will allow to narrow down...
Until then, have a look at Marsa Alam, Hurghada, Soma Bay, Sharm el Sheikh, Dahab. These are the main spots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom