Options for dry gloves use with Aqualung/White's Fusion SLT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Ultima DGS but would recommend you look at the Si-Tech Virgo as a viable option as well. Easier to mount the gloves and attach/detach from the suit.

-Z
I just went to Dive right in scuba website to check them out. they look nice but one review gave them 1 star due to the fact they are hard to get off once locked. Have you actually tried them or know someone who has? Are they truly that hard to get apart?

Virgo can get stuck on. I’ve have to get out of suit with them still on and take them off later.

If you're looking for pullover-the-ring gloves, get the Ansell G17K from Zoro. <$5 per pair - never had a leak and replaced the first pair after over a year's worth of regular use only because I poked a hole in it when I was careless with a buoy clip.

As mentioned, you just pull them over the ring. They are tight enough that they create a nice seal against the plastic ring - never had one fail or leak at the ring.

yet

I just went to Dive right in scuba website to check them out. they look nice but one review gave them 1 star due to the fact they are hard to get off once locked. Have you actually tried them or know someone who has? Are they truly that hard to get apart?

I have them. They’re not that difficult to get unlocked. Look at the thread linked. Tons of people have them and love them. You stay dry.

If you can’t get them off with just your hands, they come with a handy tool to assist.
I keep it in the glove bag for those just in case moments.

If you can’t get them off with just your hands, they come with a handy tool to assist.
I keep it in the glove bag for those just in case moments.

Yes, I’ve used that tool sometimes.

I've taken to replacing my wrist seal with the "pull over" glove. Just make sure you don't cut the glove.

I've taken to replacing my wrist seal with the "pull over" glove. Just make sure you don't cut the glove.
As in you put the glove where the wrist seal should be (make it permanent sort of) or you just remove the wrist seal and use only the pull over gloves?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom