Options for leaking DSS Torus wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bummer....I didn't find my leak 'til I sprayed the soapy water on it. I just had to re-tightened the inflator flange. Good luck.

@laikabear As others have pointed out, the use soapy water to find the leak is usually the first step; but it seems you've tried that. Sometimes an air leak will migrate under the shell and appear somewhere else. So before you start ripping, cutting, and sewing try replacing these seals. See this:
You'll need the double seal found here:
Double BC Gasket - Wing Retainer

and the gasket found here:
BC/Wing Gasket

If still no help, remove the dump assembly again. With a flashlight and mirror see if you can locate the damaged area by looking into the opening. If it's small, swab it very clean and apply Aquaseal.

Well, that is indeed a "thoughtful contribution".........................but, I would try just loosening and re-tightening first, then try replacement. Nice demystifying video.

Oh FFS. Today my drysuit developed a leak, too. What is this, a gear mutiny? (My Goodman handle on my light had one of its screws back out and disappear today, too).

The soapy water was much more successful with the suit vs. the wing, at least.

The suit is a Santi and the leak is on one of the boots, right where the Velcro strap covers it, right where they have a reputation for developing holes / wear. Grrrrrrr.

Anyway regarding the wing, I bought a new one from DGX. I'm going to stick the DSS one in the closet and if I get a chance, I'll rip a seam and see if I can patch it and re-sew it. I'll post back if I do that. Thanks for all the advice, guys. (I did already replace the inflator and took apart and put back together the dump, which didn't help).

Let us know about the DGX, there was some interest in another thread.

Not a direct answer but one reason to purchase from a brand name that has been in business for an extended time. I am all for supporting small business and entrepreneurs but it doesn’t help with your scuba gear if you can’t service or parts after a few years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom