Orange is the New Black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CrumhornDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Two questions:

1. Anyone running an 84" orange hose? Pictures appreciated.

2. Anyone ever find any orange webbing available online? I've seen numerous colors, never orange. I think it might look sharp to have an orange harness and long hose to match the regs & fins. However, perhaps it's too much.

Is orange the new black or is black still black...

You may be disappointed with the lack of stiffness of even their stiffest webbing. My wife loves her purple webbing but it is rather floppy when she is gearing up. I dive with the 7 foot orange hose and she likes the visibility of it. I got it by mistake and will be swapping it out for a black one soon. My orange fins on the other hand are pretty cool and I like the way they work and feel.

Many years ago, certainly before your fins touched water and certainly before you began diving there was a company called Sportsways- all the Sportsways webbing was Orange; their SCUBA tanks were Orange and even some of their accessories was Orange.

You are just about 40 years late

SDM

Reactions: mdb
Many years ago, certainly before your fins touched water and certainly before you began diving there was a company called Sportsways- all the Sportsways webbing was Orange; their SCUBA tanks were Orange and even some of their accessories was Orange.

You are just about 40 years late

SDM

When I started working with Sea-Quest in 1977 all the BC's were International Orange.

1) I have an orange hose that came with a reg I bought. Never seen one used though.

That's sort of my concern...will it be too much?

I had looked at Strapworks before, but missed the orange webbing. I never clicked into the 2" page, but it's clearly there. **feeling dumb**

You may be disappointed with the lack of stiffness of even their stiffest webbing. My wife loves her purple webbing but it is rather floppy when she is gearing up.

Good to know. I've heard that before about Strapworks webbing.

I dive with the 7 foot orange hose and she likes the visibility of it. I got it by mistake and will be swapping it out for a black one soon. My orange fins on the other hand are pretty cool and I like the way they work and feel.

If your wife likes the orange, why are you swapping it out? Just curious.

Thanks to all who replied.

Back
Top Bottom